Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I can finally read Hebrew!

When I fist arrived in Israel one of the immediate goals I set for myself was to learn how to read Hebrew. And so within three weeks with the help of my Hebrew class, my fellow Ecos, and the assistance of many others I learned my alphabet, script and block letters. It was def a struggle trying to memorize new letters, a style of writing, and sounds but I am now a proficient reader of Hebrew. It was so frustrating the first month here not being able to read signs and product labels. But I’ve become so comfortable with my Hebrew reading abilities now that I prefer to spell all my Hebrew specific words with Hebrew letters and not in the English phonetic version. Now my goal is to learn as much vocabulary as possible so I can not only ask questions in Hebrew but understand the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment